Friday, April 01, 2011

Judy Green says you are too stupid to understand April Fools Day

"This LEO letter is as real as my commitment to ethics!"
The scandal surrounding Councilwoman Judy Green is something I have chosen not to write about because it makes my skull feel like it's going to explode. Sheer idiocy. Besides, there are plenty of better writers out there covering the madness.

But I feel like I have to say something about this news release I received today. The release, sent by Democratic caucus Communications Director Tony Hyatt, includes a comment by Green about this week's issue of LEO Weekly.

It is a yearly tradition at LEO to put out an April Fools issue that includes bogus news stories and letters to the editor.

Here's a copy of the release from Hyatt:


Green issues statement concerning “LEO FAKE Issue Letter”
Louisville – Metro Councilwoman Judith Green (D-1) has issued the following statement concerning a “fake” letter to the Editor that was included in the March 30th issue of LEO Weekly’s Annual Fake Issue.

“I have been made aware of a letter written in the LEO this week that has my name attached to it. While I understand that this is a yearly issue made up of false stories as part of an April Fool’s joke, too many people have contacted me believing this letter is authentic and was written by me.

I have not written nor have I instructed anyone to write a letter that is critical of the paper or any of its current or former reporters.

While I can understand the spirit of the “Fake” issue, I hope that in the future the publication will give serious thought to its choice of words with regard to current events because sometimes the public does not get the joke.”

Yes, Judy. Just as we are too stupid to realize this was a fake letter, you are too stupid to know when you have been caught red handed. Quit while you are ahead, and save the rest of us from the embarrassment of having you thrown out on your ass.

Have a safe weekend.

1 comment:

  1. The scary part -- this woman is supposed to be a dentist. Which mean some school of dentistry let her through!

    ReplyDelete