Sunday, May 03, 2009

Petition for Better Retail in SW Louisville

Help support the Southwest Dream Team's drive to attract a better retail shopping experience for SW Louisville. Sign the petition found at the link below.

I live/work/shop in Southwest Louisville and I would patronize a national brand retail store in the Shively Center or Southwest Louisville area. I am one of more than 153,000* Southwest Louisville residents who would like to loyally shop at a Southwest Louisville store, but have been forced to take my dollars elsewhere because of limited opportunities in our local area.

I support the Southwest Dream Team's vision for Southwest Louisville to be the best place to live, work and do business. I also know that a national brand retail store in a high-traffic area, in the center of our community, is critical to that vision.

According to Greater Louisville Inc., the Southwest Louisville area realized $1.4 billion in retail sales in 2007. However, study results released the following year showed that our area offers an additional $1.1 billion** in potential unrealized retail sales because of our preference to spend cash.

I encourage retail stores to consider a Southwest Louisville location, knowing they have my support.


http://www.swdreamteam.org/

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the info I signed the minute I seen it

    ReplyDelete