Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Biggest Loser" Southwest Contest

The following is some information I received from fellow South-Ender Joey Sears via Facebook. He, Jack Dale and some of the other guys started a group called "I Grew Up in the South End of Louisville During the 70's, 80's and 90's. Check it out HERE.

Hello everyone. I hope you are having fun with all of the old pictures and memories. I'm sure a few of you have dug them out from the parents closet and are thinking, "Wow what happened to me", I know I have.
Well Now it is time to have a little more fun. If you are over the age of 35, live in Louisville and are more than 35 lbs over weight Joey Sears and Jack Dale have a challenge for you.

Are you tired of your old friends not being able to recognize you? Tired of people touching your stomach and asking when the baby is due? Are you tired of just being a fat ass just like Joey Sears and Jack Dale?

We will be having a South End Group "biggest loser" contest starting on Sunday Jan 25th. and ending on the first day of Spring. Entry Fee will be $10.00 and we will be doing the weigh in at Krispy Kreme Doughnut's at 3920 Seventh St. Rd in Shively at 3pm. This will be your chance to eat your last fill of doughnuts before you start eating rabbit food and other tasteless crap.

There will be a group for Men and Women, and the winner will receive 80% of the Pot with the Runner up getting the other 20%. There will also be other prizes.

Email me or Jack Dale to put your name on the list and to get more details on the rules.

This is a good opportunity to see some old friends, lose a little weight and maybe win some cash & prizes. Check out this group as soon as you can. And if any of you may have the means, please consider donating a prize to the lucky winners. See the Facebook Group page for more info.


  1. This is something I think is great. If we can get this to take off and meet some 'neighbors' and become more healthy...then excellent! Let's prove why the people are great here.

  2. Why do you have to be 35?

  3. I don't know about the age requirement. I'm sure they could tell you more about it.

  4. Probably b/c us 35'ers are saturated with work and are still trying and reaching for the All American dream that we forget to take care of ourselves in the process. I know that's me, but there are others out there that aren't like me and maybe they just want fellowship and to get to know more people. The age thing does seem a bit unneccessary.